Download Heather'sResume PDF
Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional de Versailles, France
- Diplôme de Perfectionnement, 2013
Oberlin College and Conservatory
- BA in French, 2011
- BA in Organ Performance, 2011
- Minor in Harpsichord, Historical Performance, 2011
Harriet Hale Woolley Scholarship, 2011
- A competitive scholarship for American musicians and artists pursuing independent study and performance projects in Paris, France.
Beall Scholarship, 2010
- Scholarship for Presbyterian (USA) women studying visual or performing arts.
Edith P. Horner French Prize, 2010
- Scholarship for oustanding performance in French studies.
Interim Director of Music, Grace Episcopal Church, Newton MA, 2015 - present
- Challenge and expand current musical offerings and repertoire. Oversee Junior, Senior Choir and section leaders, and look for new ways of encouraging youth musical engagement in the parish.
Director of Music, First Cong. UCC, Elyria Ohio, 2013 - 2015
- Provide vision, support and direction in all aspects of worship and music. Lead the Chancel Choir through transition. Began new children's music ministry open to anyone in the community. Implemented new concert series in support of the music program and food pantry.
Private Music Teacher, 2010 - present
- Keyboard, general music, and beginning vocal studies. Provide weekly lessons focusing on healthy technique, musical expression, and enjoyment of music.
Organ Technician, 2007 - 2011
- Assist Hal Gober, Resident Builder and Curator of Organs, in the tuning and maintanance of Oberlin Conservatory's numerous organs. Gained extensive knowledge of organ building techniques, schools, and trends.
English Instructor for Les Petits Bilingues, 2011 - 2012
- Planned and taught small classes, promoted company to clients. Established a fun and engaging learning environment in which foreign language skills could develop naturally. Extensive experience working with groups of children ages 1-18.
Relevant coursework and skills
- More than ten years study, including multiple years living in France. Fluent.
Choral Conducting, 2012 - 2013
- Weekly study with Valérie Josse, CRR de Versailles, focusing on vocal warm-up, conducting, rehearsal, and repertoire techniques for all levels.
Music Composition, 2011 - 2013
- Studies with Jean-Baptiste Robin, CRR de Versailles. Focused on problems and techniques of tonal music composition in various historical styles.
Oberlin College Choir, 2007 - 2010
- Auditioned 40-voice touring choir, conducted by Hugh Floyd. Performances of Peer Gynt (sung in Norwegian) with the Cleveland Orchestra, large variety of repertoire from the sixteenth through twenty-first centuries, sung in English, German and Church Latin, French, Russian, German, among others.
Dalcroze Eurythmics, 2011 - 2014
- Multiple courses exploring the teachings of Jaques Dalcroze. Focus on inner rhythmic development, improvisation, and internalization of musicality, musical structure, and other characteristics of tonal and post-tonal music.
- Mark Coffey, 2003 - 2006
- David Boe, 2006 - 2008
- Marie-Louise Langlais, 2008
- Jack Mitchener, 2009 - 2011
- Jean-Baptise Robin, 2011 - 2013
- Noël Hazebrouqc (improvisation), 2012 - 2013
- Webb Wiggins, 2006 - 2011
- Lisa Goode Crawford, 2011 - 2014
- Olivier Latry
- Pieter Van Dijk
- Theo Jellema
- James David Christie